- It is predictable that Nano-scale science and technology will have an enormous economic and technologic impact in the coming decades. To cope with the new challenge ahead, many academic institutes and industrial companies have heavily invested in pursuing Nano-R&D and Manufacturing (Nano-R&D&M.) From the viewpoint of invested project life cycle, the development of the facilities is prerequisite for Nano-R&D&M. The design/build/certify of the facilities is an inherent part of the development process. Without proper facilities, researcher and manufacturers can not advance further and perform well.
Besides, the complexity of the technology and the regulations to bring a cleanroom facility to operation makes improving the education of scientists, engineers and managers in cleanroom technology essential. This 21st century workforce should include professionals from a broad range of disciplines such as materials & engineering, chemistry, physics, biology, medicine, and management. This new work force can form a versatile team to not only advance Nano-R&D&M but facilitate the designing, building and certifying cleanroom needed for Nano-R&D&M.
Moreover, the demand for the advanced facilities and the related engineers is foreseeably strong and inevitable. Nevertheless, there is no university offering course specifically for designing/building/certifying the cleanroom needed for Nano-R&D&M.
To cope with the new challenge ahead, the Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University has initiated an interdisciplinary course in spring 2007. The course is entitled “High-Tech Facility Design.” The purpose of this course is to provide basic design knowledge needed for cleanroom facilities that supplement high-tech manufacturing and R&D. The focus of this course is on designing cleanroom and engineering its associated facilities. Students will gain skills needed to meet ever-changing challenge of delivering an ultra pure clean room and ultra pure utilities. In addition, this course will strengthen students’ understanding and background in constructing and maintaining high-tech manufacturing plant and research lab.
This course is intended to offer to both graduate students and undergraduate seniors. Students in engineering, science, pharmacy, and life science will be exposed to fundamental theories and their applications in the design/build/certify of the high tech manufacturing plants and research labs. Academic faculty will teach basic theories and principles. Professional industrial experts will be invited to cover the application of theories and principles in the real world practices. The contents will include lectures, home works, a semester team project with an oral presentation and a written report, and a final examination. Field trips to visit high-tech plants and research labs, and cleanrooms will be arranged in spring 2007. Moreover, laboratory experiments will be provided to enable students to have hands-on experiences in measuring cleanroom and its corresponding ultrapure facilities.
- Asia University and Nuvoton vistit NTU Zhubei Campus, Dec. 10, 2018⼀ 亞洲大學許健教授及新唐科技訪問台大竹北校區
- 2018 ITRI vistit NTU Zhubei Campus, Nov. 19, 2018⼀ 工研院機械所訪問台大竹北校區
- 2017 Training Course: Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP), June 1-2, 2017 ⼀ 台灣平坦化應用技術協會CMP基礎與應用培訓課程
- Edwards visit NTU Zhubei Campus, Feb. 23, 2017 ⼀ 愛德華先進科技訪問台大竹北校區