- The extremely low frequency(ELF) magnetic fields influence the yield of CMOS foundry. The poor yield happened because of ELF magnetic fields inducing directly the measurement or process equipment for cutting-edge chips below 22 nanometer process.The equipment of Electron microscopes, included SEMs, TEMs, STEMs , FIB writers and E-Beam Writers are very susceptible to ELF magnetic fields from various electrical power sources outside of the building and within CMOS foundry recommends a maximum of 0.3 mG .Our research team focus on How to reduce the ELF below 0.1mG .
- There are three types of cleanrooms.
The 1st type is commonly used in industries where dust particle is a major problem, and their presence may prevent a product functioning as planned or reduce its useful life. For instance,manufacturers of microchip manufacturers are the major users of this type of cleanroom. This type can be called engineering or semiconductor cleanroom.
The 2nd type is applied to the industries such as biotechnology, pharmacy, medical devices, and food and drink, which require the absence of microbial, as their growth may contaminate in a product or infect a hospital patient. Usually, this type of cleanroom is named bio-cleanroom or pharmacy-cleanroom.
The 3rd type of cleanroom is built for dealing with toxic, pathogenic materials, and genetically modified organisms. If they can not be contained properly,it could cause hazard to human, environment and ecologic systems. The 3rd type is nicknamed as biosafety cleanroom or containment cleanroom.第一種類型通常適用於防止灰塵及微顆粒污染的產業，灰塵可能妨礙產品生產製造或減少產品之使用壽命。 例如，晶片製造商為此類型無塵室的主要用戶，此類型稱為工程用或半導體無塵室。
- Generating and maintaining construction schedules from architectural drawings is vital to design and construction professionals for constructability review and project planning. Automating these tasks requires combining a CAD system with knowledge-based programming and data base techniques. A prototype system—called N-Dimension Project Management(ND-PM)—is presented for intelligent design, scheduling and construction.以建築製圖為基礎，繪製和維護施工進度表，對於設計和施工專業人員至關重要，尤其是可施工性審查和項目規劃方面。自動執行這些任務需要將CAD系統與基礎知識的編程和數據庫技術相互結合。而ND-PM此原型系統可展示智能設計、排程調度和施工模擬等等。
- Because of the extremely controlled environment, high-tech manufacturing plant/fab consumes a lot of energy and generates pollutants that harm humans and ecosystems. How to optimize the energy consumption and how to minimize the harmful pollutants will be critical subjects for future architects and engineers as well as manufacturers and the related suppliers. Many reports have indicated that intelligent and energy saving plant, , reduction of carbon dioxide, using renewable energy, solvent-free chemistry, catalysis and biocatalysis, life-cycle analysis, resource recovery, and recycling with smart plant design will form the corner stone in green facility/fab in near future.由於環境的精密控制要求，高科技廠房實驗室會消耗大量的能源，同時也會產生對人類和生態系統造成傷害的污染。如何能夠最有效的使用能源，以及如何降低污染物的傷害，將是未來研究之主要課題。許多研究指出，包含水電空調所需之能源節省，二氧化碳之降低，使用再生能源、無溶劑性化學藥品、催化劑及生物催化酵素，及其生命週期分析、資源回收再利用等等的智慧型廠房設計，是將來建造綠廠房設施技術的重要基石。
圖片來源:Innovate UK, Collaborations for a Circular Economy
- As NT research advances, the increasing miniaturization of such items as microchips, processors, and devices demands the use of high performance microscopes (HPM,) and other precise instruments. To employ these microscopes and instruments, the processes involved often require a stable platform with acceptable level of vibration.
As the processes conducted in high-tech R&D&M, the vibration may be induced by earthquake, airflow, sound, traffic, near-by walking and door closing, electromagnetic interference (EMI), radio frequency (RF), or light quantum effect. When facilities grow more complex and miniaturized, vibration has become increasingly more important than the years when the demand for higher precision tools grows. (Bayat and Gordon 1998)
As far as the microelectronics industry is concerned, whereby microprocessors and semiconductor technology is produced, many tools are very sensitive to vibration. Meanwhile, sound wave becomes a growing concern since noise and floor vibration particularly affects in-process experimentation and nano-fabrication. For example, processes involving electron beams or probes, where the goal is to develop precise images of the surface, require a stable environment for relative positioning of the beam or probe, as well as for the object being scanned. Otherwise, the scanned image may appear to be in various locations at once and may be overlooked. “Both vibration and excessive thermal variation can interfere with the stability of these processes.” (Amick et al. 2002)奈米科技的研發製造，微晶片、微處理器和精密儀器設備等等的微型化精密度要求逐漸提高，極須使用高性能顯微鏡（HPM）以及其他高精確度儀器。為了善用此類顯微鏡和儀器，其使用過程通常需要一個可接受震動水準的穩定平台。
因為在高科技的研究、發展與製造過程中，震動可能源於地震、氣流、噪音、交通、關門、電磁波干擾（EMI）、射頻（RF）或其他光量子波動效應。在製造設備更為複雜且更要求微型化更精密時，震動影響之重要性在奈米科技之發展時程上已逐漸超越過去對製造設備精密度的要求（Bayat and Gordon 1998）。
就微電子技術工業而言，微處理器和半導體科技的生產過程，很多工具對振動是非常敏感的。同時，因為噪音和地板振動格外影響進行中的實驗和奈米製造過程，故聲波成為日益關心的議題。例如，利用電子束或電子探查發展物體表面精確影像過程，需要穩定的環境以利電子束或探針以及被掃描物體的定位。否則，被掃描的圖像可能模糊不清同時出現在不同的位置並且可能被錯誤判讀。振動和過度的溫度變化二者皆能干擾這些過程的穩定。(Amick et al.2002.)
- 如有不足，加上單軸減振器降低單一機器主要振動頻率之振幅，其次組合單軸減振系統或採用多軸減振系統，降低 多設施組合振動或單設施多模態振動，最後考慮浮動減振 平台。
- This research is to detect boron phosphorous air molecular contamination in clean room. Present method is not effective. The researcher must spend 24 hours or more to collect boron and phosphorous contamination in clean room. This severely inhibits efficient production process. There is a need to shorten the duration to timely detect the boron and phosphorous contamination within a few hours. 本研究旨在檢測無塵室中的空氣污染分子-硼磷，目前的檢測方式效率不大，研究人員必須花24小時或更長時間在無塵室中收集硼和磷的污染分子，嚴重影響生產效率，因此有迫切需有效縮減檢測時間，以達到在更短時間內可及時檢測硼、磷之污染。